Sunday, February 11, 2007

Selling an intercom to a trappist Monk

As I am into my final semester and in my last few days of college life there has been many well known companies coming in to recruit students for their organizations. One such company which came to our college was Crystal, an advertising agency. They conducted a written examination for us in which many students from the visual communication, the English department and from our department too, had gone to attend the interview. By the grace of God I was short listed by the company and was called for an interview to their office which is situated at t-nagar. There was not much that I had to speak as they were not too keen in listening to me, but they gave me a situation and wanted me to write an article on that. I was in a spot of bother when I heard that I had to sell an intercom to a” Trappist Monk “it sounded to be a difficult task at first, but then when I gave it a thought, I felt I could do it with ease. Well this is what I offered them with……

Selling an intercom to a trappist Monk

Selling intercoms now days in this competitive world is no easy joke. Talking of selling an intercom to a trappist monk is far beyond one’s imagination. It not only requires skill but also the apt facility to meet the requirements of the Monks. It needs careful planning and thought so as not to disturb the norms and sentiments of the Monks. A company trying to sell intercoms to such people should do so with due respect to their religious sentiments and vows taken by the trappist Monks.

Considering all the above, I think the company should look into a new method that would not only preserve their religious values but at the same time sell their product successfully. Though difficult, this can be done by conceiving a new method.

Since conversing is the main hurdle that these Monks face, they are definitely at liberty to use their hands and this will be an advantage to them. Any number of instruments could be located at various convenient places or rooms or work stations as the case may be. A monitor type of a screen should be fitted to every instrument with a key board type of facility attached to it. The ringing tone will be the same but the only difference will be that there will be no verbal communication taking place. As soon as an intercom rings, the Monk who picks up the hand set will not have to verbalize a “hello” but will have to type it out which will reflect on the screen of the caller. Thus conversations can go on without conversing yet the purpose being fulfilled. This will not only relieve them of tensions but also solve the problem of conveying what they want. Work will go on as smoothly as normal life, no delay in work being done nor will work be hindered. Messages could be conveyed easily, quickly and smoothly.

What a remarkable way of changing life for a Trappist Monk – yet maintaining all their religious standards - And For No Extra Cost.

No comments:

The Pandemic’s effect on Consumers’ behavior

  The world has changed since early 2020 when the virus was first discovered. It's now more than a year today and situation has not chan...