Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Un noticed tears

After all the hick up’s and laziness I rushed to college thinking I would be late for class today. However I reached there on time just to find out that no classes were conducted today as all the lecturers had gone to attend a programme. Annoyed a bit I returned home but got a call on the way asking me to attend a discussion headed by a young dynamic lady from Bangalore. Driven by curiosity I went there but much to my dismay I found just two people sitting around a small table and chatting with each other. One was the lady from Bangalore Miss. Mano Das, chairman of JNU union ( Jawaharlal Nehru University). She is also the member of the CPI-ML (Communist party of India – Marxist Leninist) party.

She is a very simple person and after all the formal introduction we sat down to discuss about some of the burning issues happening in our country.

Why was the police not questioned even after so many complaints given by the public of Nathari village about their missing children . She said that there was no enquiry into the case. If at all an inquiry was held the concerned officer would be suspended for just a few days or transfered elsewhere. Where has our right to freedom gone? And in Nathari, where the case was taken up, after nearly 2 years, not even a single FIR had been filled in the police records where more than 50 children went missing. The police have recovered only just about 20bodies so far. I am afraid that big guns may be involved in this. The serial killings of children in Noida revealed a "butcher-like precision" in the chopping of 20 bodies, of which 11 have been identified as that of girls .Businessman Mohinder Singh Pandher, who along with his servant Surendra, had allegedly sexually abused the children before murdering them. What a cruel act this is. These people should be stoned to death in front of the public.

Well there were many such topics that came up during the discussion including the “goody, prestigious, religious” image that overshadow the politics that play a very important roll in my college. The sexual harassment by a lecturer from the viscom department had been on for the past 2 years which went UN noticed, like speaking to deaf ears by the college authorities.

At the end it was a fascinating and a exciting experience for me as this was the first of its kind that I had been too. Hopefully I will participate in many more such events and keep my self informed about the happenings in and around my place that I can do my fullest I can for my society I live in.

The Pandemic’s effect on Consumers’ behavior

  The world has changed since early 2020 when the virus was first discovered. It's now more than a year today and situation has not chan...