Sunday, February 25, 2007

Our Alumni Meet’07

It was a very memorable day, especially for our batch as this was the first such meet that was been held by the department of visual communication since the time we had left the college. On Saturday, the 24th at the examination hall, when I was eagerly waiting for that time (it was supposed to start at 12.30 but it started at 1) I was stuck with my documentary project work and had not slept for the past 4days. But with great difficulty I made up my mind to attend the program because I wanted to meet my old friends as it had been almost 2years since I meet some of them. As usual with my wearing thoughts (me in my own dream land) I left home late and reached nmbakkam station only at 12. Added to my frustration I heard that there was an accident (a lorry was hit by a train) and all the trains were running late.

Well I thought I would reach late and so I did reach there at about 12.45. When I was nearing the hall the usual roar from the guys standing at the entrance (it had not started at that time) with an ever pleasing smile from Blessy mam at the entrance welcoming everyone. They started with a prayer as usual at about 1 followed by a small speech by the chief guest. Then it was party time (guys know what that was) with real good briyani (side dish) to follow that. After lunch and all the chit chatting while eating, was some good entertainment by our juniors who performed plays and dances. We were enjoying our talk with each other though not very keen on what was going on, the guys were with a bang of noise and ragging the little ones out there. The best came when each one of us had to introduce our self’s to our juniors ,when I noticed that things had not changed much from our college days with each one having their own problems while facing a crowd(though it was just like a family gathering) . The program was overall good except for the bad choice in the venue.

I personally felt that mrc would have been a better choice than the examination hall. Here, with all sides closed the audio system was so bad that we could hardly hear anything. Over shadowing these things, I had just one thing in mind that was to have fun with my friends and enjoy every second out there. I knew that moments like this will never come back and so I wanted to make full use of that. I got to spend a lot of time with my friends after a long gap. Well everything had to come to an end, when it was 6 and getting dark, I knew that it was time to part each other. All of us had a good gala time, a bit emotional at times as well and some unforgettable moments, we shared.

I like to thank Blessy mam for making this happen and my juniors for taking the effort in organizing things to perfection (except the audio system), but hats off to you guys, as I was able to see all my friends, most of them had come and we had some wonderful time together which I will cherish all my life and hope this continues in the years to come.

2 comments:

The Pandemic’s effect on Consumers’ behavior

  The world has changed since early 2020 when the virus was first discovered. It's now more than a year today and situation has not chan...