Tuesday, February 6, 2007

My Golden Days


It was in the year 2002 that I was wondering “what am I doing in this world “, having no clue as to what so ever after I had got the least percent of marks in my higher secondary exams. My parents had high hopes on me as I was the only child in the family. They wanted me to do my engineering or my medicine (usually everyone thinks like that I guess) and at a particular point of time I thought that I would not fulfill their exceptions and not even enter college. It was then when I met a friend (my close buddy at school ) who was studying his visual communication in srm college. I was very much influenced by him and I thought I could take up this course as well. After this was when my real hunt for a college began and I went to almost all the colleges in this city. By the grace of God and the influence used by my grandfather I got into the most wonderful, exciting, awesome, prestigious, beautiful college in the country. And that’s my MCC – The Madras Christian College. I call this as “my college” is because it has become my home now for the past 5 “short” years and I still love every moment I spend here.

My graduation there had mixed experiences, my ups and down’s, good times and bad times, but for me everything seemed to be right as I saw it as the land flowing with milk and honey. I term these 5 years of my stay here in mcc as “short” because never had I wanted to leave the premises and even after these years it is just like another day for me.

I was completely a different person when I did my vis com here, new set of an atmosphere, new friends and a new life style all together. Slowly I gathered my own group of friends as usual the regular college attitude , bunking class, coming late, sitting in the gutters (mcc is famous for that) doing anything possible under the sun to have fun. Vijai , jaga, satish, Johnson, sorna, magesh, roydon, ben, peep, mosses and all my classmates , the unforgettable guys . We were the first batch in the college after they started this course (so we had a lot of freedom).

After my three days (three years there seemed to be like three days for me) stay in mcc I felt that I was going to miss something in life as I had to leave the college , but thanks to destiny which brought me back to my sweet home to do my post graduation in communication in that very same year. Now these two years I feel is the turning point in my life as I learned many things. I have no words to term this as this is a new experience for me I never had in those past 3 years. My lectures, my friends everything seemed to be giving a new dimension to my life. Itch, fenn, dinesh, peep, deepa, mia, ruth were all very close friends with me.

As the curtains are drawn and as the day comes to an end and as I am coming to the final last days of my college life I see not a dull picture but bright and prosperous days ahead of me , a completely molded person by the careful hands of my lecturers . A million thanks to mcc for making me what I am now. The only things I will miss are those “late lazy mornings, foot board travel, late attendance, long intervals, sharing canteen foods, late night chats, some misunderstandings (many a times with fenn itch, deepa, dinesh), correcting friends for exams, struggle for marks, mass bunk, fresher day and farewell. I can say that college life is nothing but heaven.

4 comments:

T.U.Dinesh said...

I saw it as the land flowing with milk and honey

milk and honey ? what about the grass ?

good work dude ... cheers : )

Anand Emmanuel John said...

Thanks Dinesh. The grass is very much a part and parcel of our college. so i did not want to mention it ...

Roydon said...

dai dude...unmai aa sollu...you did viscom for three years in college or outside college....??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Anand Emmanuel John said...

Though i was not in college my heart was there da. never had i gone away from you guys.

The Pandemic’s effect on Consumers’ behavior

  The world has changed since early 2020 when the virus was first discovered. It's now more than a year today and situation has not chan...