Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Discovered a new skill

My interests are rooted deep in music as I have been learning it from my child hood days. As I grew up, I found a new liking towards ad making, in creating new things, coming up with new ideas and so on. I joined a course related to that and did my visual communication and now I am going to complete my master’s in communication as well. Being a communication student I felt the necessary to be a good designer and learnt that art by gaining some knowledge in those software’s also. Lately, inspired by rachel’s articles that I read in the news paper’s, I took up writing seriously and I felt that I could excel in that field. Now being a copy writer, I think I can take up some chances to do a bit of serious journalism. The time is ripe and not too far, that any time my hands could hold that pen.

But apart from all this, I UN earthed a new potential within me. We had to conduct a PR campaign as a part of our project work during our third semester. So we decided to do it on books. This was a ten day event which was held in different parts of the city in many schools and colleges. Though, this was not my first such experience, I had done some organizing part before, I was totally clueless as to what to do to go about this event. With the help of my faculties we managed to conduct this campaign which turned out to be a huge success. I was a part of the designing and the publicity committee too. We got a lot of appreciations from many for the designing of our publicity materials, which boosted our confidence a lot. And for the publicity, there were a number of sleepless nights, planning and executing the things to make this event a grand success. Arranging the events, distributing press releases, contacting sponsors, corresponding with people, when I sit back and thing of all these things, I really wonder as to how we did it. Though this was a group effort, every one contributed in their own ways.
The recently concluded four day film festival called the ‘24FRAMES’ conducted by us at the MM preview theater was yet another display of good, smart event managing. Ten days before the festival, we came up with the plan of starting a film club and conducting a film festival. Fstop was the name of the club which all agreed on , then started the venue hunting, contacting sponsors, designing publicity materials, organizing the event, finalizing on the movies to be screened, deciding the schedule for those four days(we had the event for four days) , arranging the guest speakers(we planned to have some interactive sessions everyday). This ensured another lot of sleepless nights for us. But we enjoyed in what ever work we did, putting our heart and soul into these works, we ensured that this event turned out to be a huge success.
More than six news papers had written about our festival. There were many sponsors sponsoring our event. Many people even from other countries attended the film festival. 

All these things, when I gave it a thought, I felt a new potential which I discovered lately within me, hiding, which I could make effective use, if given an opportunity. I felt that I could never work in a group. But I did all these things with my friends. We worked together tirelessly, complementing each other, helping out in things we knew, encouraging others when they were down, coordinating with all, we could make this a grand event. Well in the near future, I have decided to do event managing and please let me know if any one who needs any guidance or help to do their events. Contact me to do an event for you or your organization.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I guess you are brimming with talents that God have blessed upon you...
I am truly aware of that, if I could make a request then this is it, there are lot of people in need of you, turn around and please help them...
And for your talents, I have always admired your musical skills

Anand Emmanuel John said...

thanks for that da. ill take up ur advice and work towards that. its all HIS doing.

Unknown said...

Me too Fenn...I've heard so much about Anand's musical genius...but have never heard him play. But according to all reports, he seems to be the nest Handel Manuel in the making

The Pandemic’s effect on Consumers’ behavior

  The world has changed since early 2020 when the virus was first discovered. It's now more than a year today and situation has not chan...